This is all for you, so please share the lyrics that matter most to you. <3
WAYS TO ENSURE YOUR LYRICS ARE EASILY AND HAPPILY TYPED:
- DON’T BE ANON: well, honestly, I’m going to give priority to you if I can see your pretty face. <3 (and I’m likely to follow you back!)
- TELL ME ARTIST/SONG TITLE: it saves me a search and I totally appreciate it, especially if the artist is indie and hard to find! likely though, my google wizardry skills will serve me well, so have no fear if you already submitted sans song information.
- BE SUCCINCT: I’d say, on average, pick less than 5 lines per song. if you submit a lengthy one, I might have to cut it down.
- BE SPECIFIC: to guarantee you’ll see something you’re going to love, send specific lyrics. to guarantee that I don’t get lazy and put off looking up a song title you sent me, just let me know your favorite lines. it makes both our lives better!
- BE PATIENT: apologies! I tend to run a month or so behind, as there are just so many submissions flowing in.
WILL YOU TYPE ALL LYRICS SENT?
yes, I’d say that 99.9% of the lyrics sent to me will make it onto the blog. the other .1% is probably just human error. forgive me.
sadly, my typewriter has no accent keys. I will type foreign lyrics without accents for you if you request me to.
WHERE DID THIS IDEA COME FROM?
well, I was mighty stoned. isn’t that where all the best ideas come from?! ;)
HOW LONG OF A WAIT IS IT ‘TIL I SEE MY SUBMISSION?
it will likely be a month or two before you see your submission, but if you sent them non-anon and you feel like it’s been excessively long since you submitted, feel free to send me a little message and I PROMISE to scroll down and estimate how long it will be until you see your lyrics. at this point, I’m done responding to anons who complain about missing lyrics, because there’s nothing I can do. half of the lyrics submitted are anon. there’s no way I can know which one was yours!
PLEASE feel free to ask me any questions UN-ANON :) I likely won’t respond otherwise, because I don’t really want much flowing through this blog other than typewritten things.
ALSO it’s been suggested many a time that I tag my posts for easy search-ability. and yes, I totally do! but for some reason the search function is NOT connected to tags.
though I did recently figure out how to edit my theme so the tags show up on permalink pages! so now if you’re wondering what a song is, all you have to do is click it and you’ll see the tags right below the lyrics on that page.
ALSO PART 2 thank you so much for all your kind and lovely little comments attached to lyrics. sometimes I don’t get a chance to reply, but I always read them and they make me smile <3 So thank you :)